Lamb leg steak with grilled vegetables and mint jelly
For the Lamb Leg Steak
- 4 x 140g lamb leg steak
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Vegetables
- Cut the veg in about 1.5 cm slices
- 1 courgette
- 1 small aubergine
- 3 red peppers
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 1 Butternut
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Dundarave Mint jelly
Remember to get the best flavour remove your meat out of packed dry and allow to warm to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7 (200C fan).
- Cut the courgette and aubergine into 5mm/¼ in slices. Cut the peppers in 5mm/¼in strips. Place the vegetables all the it a bowl with some oil and garlic. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables for 3 min on a high heat just to mark the vegetable. With the butternut place in the oven first and roast by itself for 5 min before Toss together with the rest of the grilled vegetables and place into the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, or until hot.
- For the lamb, place the lamb steak into a bowl, rub with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a griddle pan and chargrill the steak for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Leave to rest for five minutes.
- plate all together and serve with the Dundarave mint jelly.