With ancestry and history dating back to the mid-eighteenth century the estate is prized throughout Northern Ireland, and Scotland!
Dundarave was designed by the eminent architect Sir Charles Lanyon and built in the 1840s for Sir Edmund Macnaghten (2nd baronet) to replace Bushmills House, an earlier property, once owned by the Dunkin Family. The Macnaghten Family have had a presence in North Antrim since their arrival from Scotland in around 1580. The family still continue to enjoy close historic links with Scotland; the current Baronet is the Chief of the Clan Macnaghten and, indeed, the name ‘Dundarave’ is derived from the former Clan seat Dunderave Castle which is located North of Inveraray on the shore of Loch Fyne in Scotland.
Dundarave Estate is the ideal escape to the country and now hosts a range of sporting activities including game shooting, clay pigeon shoot, salmon fishing as well as corporate hospitality and television and movie filming.