Grilled Lamb Chop salad with a mint and apple dressing
Tips for lamb Chop
Grill the lamb chops, covered, turning frequently, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the centre reads 130°F for medium rare or 140°F for medium, 10 to 14 minutes.
- Eight 4-oz. lamb loin chops (each 1-1/4 inches thick)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbs. oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 blood orange segment
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 5 small radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 500g Bag watercress and rocket lettuce
- 1 spoonful of Dundarave Mint and apple jelly
Prepare a medium-high grill fire. Season the lamb chops generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper and the mint and apple jelly until smooth. Stir in the tomato and radishes. Lay the parsley, mint, and basil on top, tearing any large leaves into several smaller pieces as you go. Put the feta on top of the herbs.
Toss the salad well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the chops with the salad on the side.