Make the most out of your Pumpkins this Autumn!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g Pumpkin, peeled and cut into roughly 3cm cubes
- 50-100ml whole milk
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Purée
- 2 Tbsp Mascarpone
- 35og short pasta (Rigatoni or Penne)
- 40g grated parmasean or vegetarian alternative, plus extra to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large, shallow, flameproof casserole or frying pan over a low-medium heat and fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 10-15mins until softened and translucent. Add the crushed garlic and fry for 1 min. Remove the heat and leave to cool slightly.
2. Cook the leftover Pumpkin in a pan of boiling salted water foe 10-15mins until tender when pierced with a cutlery knife. Drain and tip into a blender (or a hand blender. Blitz with 50ml nd the onions until completely smooth, gradually add more milk until the mixture is thick enough. Tip into a large frying pan with the tomato purée and mascarpone, and bring to a simmer over a low heat.
3. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water. Drain, and ensure to reserve a cupful of the cooking water, Toss the pasta with the pumpkin sauce, parmesan and 50-100ml of the reserved water to loosen. Season and scatter with extra parmesan. There you have it! A Creamy Pumpkin Pasta created with your Pumpkins from Halloween!!!